Friday, February 25, 2005

Guitar Players Do It With Their Hands

I agree with most of the songs on the list still, but here are some new ones:

Michael Buble - Feeling Good - Alright, alright, I know this song is not rock and roll. It's not even close. I know people's grandmas listen to Buble. BUT THIS SONG IS HOT! His voice is stunning. It just...yearns...to be stripped to. I'm serious. It's freakin' hot. TRUST me.

Frederico Aubele - Postales. This is a great latin dance number. I seem to have developed a serious **thing** for latin women. And this song is a sexy beat with lilting spanish guitar and a soft, seductive vocal track that is just...hot.

Snow Patrol - Ways and Means - no words can describe it. just listen.

Gina Gershon - My Favorite Sin (from the Prey for Rock And Roll sdtrk.) - This one is so dirty and gritty. If you haven't seen Prey For Rock And Roll, I highly recommend it. It's got rocker chicks in leather pants, a raw, powerful soundtrack, and...Gina Gershon. GINA! COME ON!

Louis XIV - Louis XIV - This song makes me want to get naked. Is that bad? All the Louis songs, as Elaine said, are sexual. BUT THIS ONE....has the infamous line it, spoken over a scorching guitar like Jason has pushed you up against the wall and is purring it into your ear:

Who's your daddy?

It's me.



I also really like "Pledge Of Allegiance." I can't get over how hot it is to be told to "Keep this between me and you, OK?" Yipe. "Yes, of course. I won't tell a soul. If you do that again."

8 comments:

Amy said...

Who's your daddy.

Oh my God. Please. Please. I'm not one to beg, but seriously, PLEASE?!

-E

Amy said...

Ok, I got distracted.... if you can add Michael Bubble, then I get to add Harry Connick Jr. I just have to pick a song now... maybe the one about New Orleans.

You know what else should be on the list? Satisfaction. Doesn't matter if its Otis Redding or the Rolling Stones, that song is hot. Yes the rock edge the Stones give it is especially nice, but Otis had horns... either way, hotness is hotness.

-E

Mrs. M-W said...

I know you two have hard-on's for guitar's, but I think an "Ode to Dums" is in need. I LOVE GUITAR! But a good drum beat sometimes makes me want to rip off my clothes and jump on the first available hobby-horse as well.

Several that come to mind currently: Dead & Bloated (STP- I think that one is a drum guitar mix!); Hot for Teacher and Jump (VH - Just the music ladies, not the spandex); and finally there is something about Jack & Diane (JCM) that just makes me want to dribble of my bobby socks as well.

Oh... to go back to guitars for a second... Cowboy by Kid Rock just SCREEEEAMS stripper in a cowboy hat, spurs on the platform stilletos, and a fringed thong ... at least in my head :o)

Amy said...

Shannon, everyone knows I'm a slave to the bass. (Of course there are excepts to every rule... Joe Perry.)We do have songs on the list specifically for the drums, like Eleventeen. Plus, everyone knows that its the base that gets your hips rocking and its the hip rocking factor that makes a song truly hot. (evil smile here) I think the key is there has to be some kind of amazing instrumentation in the song to make it hot. And Van Halen? Jump? I'm a tiny bit disappointed, I mean, Van Halen does have hotter songs. I agree with your STP pick.

How's the new job and car going?

Amy said...

Shannon, Shannon, Shannon, Shannon. Jump? Really? Have we taught you *nothing*? A song we danced to at the jungle gym when we were 6 does not qualify as a hot song. Sorry. Maybe other Van Halen tunes, but that one brings back memories of Laura, Dana, Jeffery, Paul and me jumping off the top of the slide of my jungle gym whenever the song was on. I can't get it on to that.

As far as an ode to drums, we aren't all about the guitars. We've got songs on list for drums, horns, voices, etc. Personally, I think what makes a song hot is some kind of exceptional performance in the song. For instance, Steven Tyler can blow on a harmonica like nobody's business and it gets me tingly in damn near every song Aerosmith does with a harmonica.

AND if you really want to hear awesome drums, go listen to Convoy's Eleventeen. I blew out my speakers for those drums. It was worth it.

Mrs. M-W said...

ok, ok.. my shame now runs deep.. deep... and I know "Jump" in it's entire sense may be lame... but just the intro drum beat gets me all tingly... and yes... when that song came out I was 6 and guilty of jumping off a set of stairs myself, but I am not relating this reccomendation to that, just the fact that I kinda dig Alex on the drums...

oh... and what is up with Trent! Stop crying and RELEASE IT ALREADY! For christ's sakes man...

Amy said...

Ok, Shannon, I must say I agree with you on the Reznor thing, release it already!

Though, that is partly me still being bitter from my ticket experience earlier today. NOW I can blame TR for ruining my fave jeans, my Docs AND crashing my computer. And yet, I come running back for more... maybe I really *do* need help.

-E

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.