Thursday, March 31, 2005

Random Thoughts and Run-ins with Famous People

OK, OK, not just famous people, but Joey Kramer. JOEY KRAMER! I was one step away (ala Kevin Bacon steps) from Joe Perry. Joey bought $113 worth of CD's from me today. How awesome is that? I'm actually glad Joe was not with him, because there is no telling what I would have done. They would have had to peel me from the walls or something.

I got him to sign a CD for me because I am a geek.

Last week, twice, I met Stephanie Seymour, of Victorias Secret/November Rain video fame. She was achingly beautiful in a natural way and very sweet in a shy, delicate sort of way. She forgot her wallet, so she paid with a check. I asked her to please call me once she found her wallet so I could write her drivers license # on it. Sure enough, half an hour later, this soft voice is on the phone" "Amy? It's Stephanie! Here is my drivers license number!" I got home and Matt had dug up his Playboy with her on the cover. I'm brave, but NOT brave enough to ask her to sign that. "Hey Stephanie, here is you buck naked! Can you sign it for me?" Uhhh....no.

The week before that, I met Sean Astin, of Lord Of The Rings fame. He was very cool. He signed a copy of The Fellowship for Matt. He even put a smiley face on it.

Who would have thunk that Barnes and Noble in West Palm Beach would attract so many famous people?

OH, and here is my random thought...

I just finished the most AMAZING book. It's called Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer. At certain points, I was actually weeping. It's a poignant, gorgeous, off-beat and crazily inventive book about a little boy who's father died in the Trade Center. He finds clues his father left him a year after his death and goes on a quest all over New York City to try to solve the puzzle. It was sometimes painful to read because of the 9/11 aspect, but it was worth it.

It was so worth it.

I really want to write to the author but I can't seem to find his address anywhere. Any ideas on how to track him down other than sending a letter to the publisher?

1 comment:

Mrs. M-W said...

DDDAAAMMMMNNNN Woman! Sean Austin in WPB? Does he have a house on Palm Beach? Is this the phatty B&N in that awesome shopping area ovedr by the Kravis center??? I need a vacation to WPB I think... :o)